Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Celebrations

The end of the year is right around the corner.

Typically I will begin to think about what is next for 2014 and how can I build off of what has been accomplished in 2013. My coach suggested reviewing 2013 and congratulating myself on all the accomplishments of the year. I am typically so focused on forward movement this is not something I spend enough time doing.

In thinking through the activities of the year, the new relationships created, the service provided, the learning achieved I am overwhelmed with gratitude. To get to live the life I desire with my family, to work with a team who I truly enjoy and value, to be of service to others in a way that makes my heart sing, all of this is a gift. This is the fullness of life for me.

From this place of gratitude I am experiencing great joy. Being of service is ingrained deeper into my being; I can’t help but embrace it. Yes there were things to overcome, skills to learn, people to meet, experiences outside of my comfort zone and now looking back it was all worth it, even though in the moment it may not have felt like it.

The skill which has served me the best in this process is learning to make decisions quickly and firmly. To do so I had to let go of a lot of perfectionism – wanting everything to be perfect all the time, questioning myself to make sure it was “right”.  I still bump up against this but the muscle that says “trust yourself and move ahead anyway” is getting stronger.

What did you accomplish in 2013 that has brought you great joy? Leave me a comment so I am able to celebrate with you!

In Abundance,
Sue Thompson
Financial Management Expert
https://www.facebook.com/TheMasteryOfMoney

No comments:

Post a Comment