Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Gift of the Ladies - Self Care



One of my favorite parts of going to the gym is using the steam room when I am finished.  Today I had to marvel at two women who were also in the steam room.   I am sure they were completely unaware of the impact they had on me. 
One woman had brought with her essential oils to place on the steamer so we could all benefit, which was heavenly, and then she proceeded to place a mud mask on her face.  The other was gracefully doing her stretching while in the warmth of the steam.  They were modeling self care with grace and ease.
Self care is one of the things that was always on the bottom of my list.  I am a busy entrepreneur with a business to build and people to serve.  It took me many years before I became painfully aware of the importance of caring for myself along the way.
Now self care is built right into the plan for my business.   I was not even aware that it was possible to do such a thing.  You see I had the model that building a business was hard and that sacrificing everything was what was required to succeed. 
Here is what I know, creating a plan is one of the most liberating activities you can do in your business.  It allows for success and self care, for results and creative time.  Knowing step by step what to focus on creates an amazing amount of freedom to be fully present in the activity that I am working on in the moment. 
Are you ready to explore this thing called planning?  Would your life be improved with more self care?  How would it affect your family life, your ability to do your work or how you were able to give to others? For those that know that it is truly time to learn the skill of planning contact me and let's see if we are a good fit.
In Abundance,
Sue Thompson
Financial Management Expert
https://www.facebook.com/TheMasteryOfMoney

No comments:

Post a Comment